Lately I’ve been researching about products that we don’t think twice about lathering our body in. One thing I discovered is that body butter/lotion is full of all kinds of yucky things that we should not be putting on our body.
After some debating with myself and Pinterest searching, I finally came to the conclusion to throw away all of my beloved Bath and Body lotions and replace them with a healthy, all natural body butter.
I decided to combine a few recipes together that I found and I am very pleased with my results! Actually, I’m so pleased that I’m not missing my Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion that has been a staple in my life for many years.
The fun thing about making your own body butter is that you get to create your personal scent. You can make your body butter smell like anything ranging from lavender, to vanilla, to lavender vanilla! Read below to learn how to make your skin soft and beautiful the natural way!-What you’ll need
Shea Butter (1/2 to 1 cup)
Sweet Almond Oil (1/2 cup)
Coconut Oil (1/2 cup)
Essential Oil/Oils (20 drops)
1. Melt and stir shea butter, sweet almond oil and coconut oil over the stove using a double broiler.
2. Let mixture cool in fridge. Make sure you allow time to fully cool! It should almost be a solid.
3. Place mixture in a bowl.
4. Add your signature scent. 20-25 drops of essential oils works best!
5. Whip together with a mixer and watch your creation magically turn to body butter!
6. Pour body butter into a glass jar.
7. Enjoy your soft skin!